There are many articles on why 23 is the worst year of your life (which I mentioned last year), and I must say this year is not off to a great start.
I spent the first week of being 23 in the hospital after an undiagnosed mood disorder left me unable to function in day to day life. My life has been stagnant for five years now and I couldn’t figure out if it was because I was a lazy piece of trash or if I really did have a crippling mood disorder that I refused to acknowledge. But I won’t let this year’s birthday post be negative like last year’s! Even if I am still having a quarter-life crisis that I’m sure will last a while!
Some goals I have for the next year:
- Maybe finally read the dang Marie Kondo book
- Get my living space clutter under control
- Get my spending under control so there is less clutter to deal with in the first place
- Make progress in school, even if it is slow progress
- Shift from spiritual seeker to spiritual practitioner
- Get better. Prioritize self care over everything
I’ve spent the last six months analyzing where I am and thinking about where I want to be. I may not have made much progress towards that goal lately, but it feels good to be back on track.
I definitely want to get back into creating. Whether that is blog posts or something else, I realized I feel much better when I create rather than just passively consume. I have lots of ideas so we will talk soon!