May is over! Let the monthly favorites and empties posts begin! (Not being sarcastic, I love reading them.) I used to do monthly goals and reviews each month and I think it’s a good way to gauge progress. I’ve had a lot swirling around in my head this last week so here’s a very unorganized post letting it all out.
[UPDATE: I DOUBLED my blog’s traffic this month compared to April and I didn’t even know it! Thank you again to everyone who reads this, you’re the reason I love writing here so much. That means I have to adjust my goals for June and set my sights higher!]
- I received this five-year line-a-day notebook in January as an anniversary gift from Daniel (I’m sad the writing on the cover is already rubbing off… ? How will it last five years?). Yesterday after filling it in, I thumbed through the last five months and found that every single entry is negative. I should write more positively because I don’t feel as sad as my writing makes me sound. I have so many great things in my life that I’ve been ungrateful for and I’m changing that.
- This morning I woke up without hitting snooze. In the few seconds between waking and silencing my phone, I thought, “If I hit snooze and oversleep again, I’m never going to form a better habit. I’m not going to get where I want to be.” I then forced myself to stand up and stay awake which gave me hours before I had to leave for class. Is this how normal people feel? It’s so calming to have a morning routine besides wake up, throw on clothes and dart out the door, already late.
- I finished a really great book that said, “If you want to change, then what you are currently doing is wrong.” I’m going to expand on that in an upcoming post, but that quote has changed my mindset. And it’s so obvious! Of course it isn’t working because if it was, I wouldn’t have the problem.
- People think I’m joking when I say I need to lose a little bit of weight because I only weigh 130lbs. In my defense, I’m really short so that weight doesn’t get distributed very well so I look bigger than someone taller who weighs the same. They have also said, “No you don’t have extra fat, I can’t tell!” …well obviously I’m not going to wear clothes that accentuate my weight gain. The reason you can’t tell is because I’m wearing clothes that hide it. Anyways, it’s not about the number on the scale. I don’t care about being a perfect 100 or 110lbs because that’s unrealistic. However, I know I have not been exercising and I’ve been eating junk food every day so I could do better when it comes to physical health. If I clean up my diet a little and exercise again, my body will find a healthy weight on its own.
- I have a really exciting announcement about the Fall semester, but I don’t want to tell anyone about it until it’s finalized. Sometimes when I over-hype things plans tend to fall through. Here’s your hint though: The Stamp Act, Benedict Cumberbatch, corgis, and The Beatles all have one thing in common. I think that’s pretty obvious ?
- Lastly, I meditated 27/31 days this month! I’ve been careful to set aside at least fifteen minutes every day and I feel great. I feel like I’m finally controlling my anxiety instead of being controlled by it.
So this has been a pretty good month! Or somehow I feel like it was even if I had some really bad days. Here’s to the small accomplishments! May we never overlook the tiniest victories for each is worth celebrating. I’d love to hear your accomplishments this month! See you in June.